With more than 25 years of defending free speech for the comics community, CBLDF has firmly established itself as the premiere non-profit organization in the field. Now you can join the fight against censorship by becoming part of the CBLDF team! CBLDF is currently looking for an Office Manager:
Works with the Deputy Director in the further development of the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, with an emphasis on managing the day-to-day financial and practical operations of the organization.
The Operations Manager’s responsibilities include:
• Bookkeeping and day-to-day financial management of the organization, including but not limited to: entry of all income; bank deposits; bill entry and payment; supervision of document retention; and preparation of materials for treasurer and accountants.
• Responsible for processing all invoices, payables, receivables, expenses, and general reporting.
• Management of all workplace compliance, and preparation and responsibility for insurance, utilities, and supply vendors, with the oversight of the Deputy Director.
• Management of shipping and processing premiums and donor acknowledgments. This includes oversight of physical inventories of fundraising premiums.
• Management of bulk mailings, mailing lists, and membership data.
• Recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers and interns for office and off-site tasks.
• Managing logistics, staff preparation, material handling, vendor services, and shipping for off-site events and conventions.
• Extensive practical Quickbooks training and experience.
• Experience in human resources and insurance compliance useful.
• Education, training, and experience with bookkeeping sufficient to fulfill job description.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
• Strong financial, analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience with inventory management.
• Ability to work under pressure and balance numerous priorities simultaneously.
• Experience with project/organizational management and strategic planning.
• Experience with recruitment, supervision and training of interns and volunteers.
Please send cover letters, resumes, and inquiries to email@example.com or submit a cover letter and resume by mail:
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
ATTN: Alex Cox
255 West 36th Street, Suite 501
New York, NY 10018
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers. The CBLDF provides legal referrals, representation, advice, assistance, and education in furtherance of these goals.