If you own a comic shop, you have might have customers asking about CBLDF variant covers this week, including a Cliff Chiang cover for Wytches #1. If you are wondering how on earth to acquire such items for your customers (or yourself!), we have an answer for you.
Every year, Diamond Comic Distributors runs a membership drive through Previews. During this drive, CBLDF offers special premiums — including gorgeous variant covers for some of the hottest first issues — exclusively for Retailer Members.
This year, we got some crackers!
- From DC Comics: Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely, CBLDF variant cover by Michael Cho
- From Marvel Comics: All New Captain America #1 by Rick Remender and artist Stuart Immonen, CBLDF variant cover by Pasqual Ferry
- From Image Comics: Wytches #1 by Scott Snyder and Jock, CBLDF variant cover by Cliff Chiang!
In addition to variant covers from these top tier comic series, every member store will receive a CBLDF travel mug. We at the CBLDF understand that caffeine drives much of the Direct Market, and we want to help you refuel (also holds tea, water, soft drinks, and other beverages). This mug is proudly brandished with the CBLDF logo and is ready for many early Wednesday mornings.
Every retailer will also receive copies of two CBLDF publications,CBLDF Celebrates BANNED BOOKS WEEK and the brand new Working With Libraries! A Handbook For Comics Creators, a resource to help comic creators, publishers, and stores connect with local libraries.
To get these prized covers and premiums, all you need to do is join or renew as a CBLDF Retail Member! You can either use the order codes below, have your Diamond Customer Service Representative sign you up at the level requested, or keep an eye on your FOC listings in the next week or so.
(If you have already joined or renewed, have no fear — your premiums will arrive in the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your support!)
MEMBER LEVELS and DIAMOND ORDER CODES:
RETAIL ADVOCATE $100 (SEP140010)
The 2014 Retail Advocate will receive:
- The 2014 Membership Card, designed and illustrated by superstar artist Cully Hamner!
- CBLDF branded window cling, donation can, and the “CBLDF Celebrates BANNED BOOKS WEEK” and “Working With Libraries! A Handbook For Comics Creators“ publications.
- CBLDF travel mug.
- Exclusive variant cover set with one copy of Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, one copy of the Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and five copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. These covers are available ONLY to CBLDF member stores, and only available through this program.
RETAIL ADVOCATE (NO PREMIUMS) $100 (SEP140011)
RETAIL DEFENDER $250 (SEP140012)
The 2014 Retail Defender will receive the Retail Advocate package, but with TWO copies of the Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, TWO copies of Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and TEN copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. We’ll also throw in an extra travel mug for your store’s wearied manager.
RETAIL DEFENDER (NO PREMIUMS) $250 (SEP140013)
RETAIL PROTECTOR $500 (SEP140014)
The 2014 Retail Protector will receive the Retail Advocate package, but with FIVE copies of the Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, FIVE copies of Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and FIFTEEN copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. We’ll also throw in an extra travel mug to replace the one that gets lost in the floorboard.
RETAIL PROTECTOR (NO PREMIUMS) $500 (SEP140015)
RETAIL CHAMPION $1000 (SEP140017)
The 2014 Retail Champion will receive the Retail Protector package, but with TEN copies of the Multiversity: Pax Americana #1 CBLDF Variant, TEN copies of Wytches #1 CBLDF Variant, and TWENTY copies of the CBLDF Variant of All New Captain America #1. Stores joining at this level will also receive the extremely rare Sandman Omnibus Silver Edition, limited to a run of 500 number copies and signed by Neil Gaiman. This edition has an SRP of $500.
RETAIL CHAMPION (NO PREMIUMS) $1000 (SEP140016)