Now in stores around the country: the 2016 edition of CBLDF Liberty Annual, our annual anthology celebrating the freedom to read comics!
Shipping on the eve of the U.S. election, this year’s installment of CBLDF Liberty Annual is a call to optimism that celebrates real people whose efforts changed the world. The 2016 edition boasts covers by Nate Powell and Brandon Graham and stories by a roster of bestselling creators!
From suffragettes to sports legends, creative visionaries to courageous citizens who took a stand, the subjects of CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL 2016 are brought to life by extraordinary creators. Subjects include:
- Muhammad Ali by Paul Pope (Battling Boy)
- Louise Michel by Bryan and Mary Talbot (The Red Virgin)
- Gene Roddenberry by Dan Schkade (The Spirit)
- Jim Haynes by Joe Keatinge (Shutter) and Ken Niimura (I Kill Giants)
- Leo Burnett by Larry Marder (Beanworld) and Shannon Wheeler (God Is Disappointed in You)
- Ida Wells by Paul Guinan and Anina Bennett (Boilerplate)
- Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges by Ron Wimberly (Prince of Cats)
- Victoria Woodhull by Andrew Aydin (March) and Tim Fielder (Matty’s Rocket)
- Jane Addams by M.K. Reed (Americus) and Lisa Rosalie Eisenberg (I Cut My Hair)
All proceeds from this benefit anthology support Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s important work protecting the freedom to read, including current efforts to challenge and clarify legislation affecting retailers in Louisiana and California, as well as First Amendment emergencies affecting creators, readers, librarians, and educators throughout the United States.