CBLDF is currently looking for a part-time Office Assistant. We’re located in Portland, Oregon, and this position is on-site. Check out the posting below, and please reach out if you’re interested!
(Part-Time, Hourly | $15 per hour)
The Office Assistant works closely with the Director of Operations to assist with the day-to-day practical operations of the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s Downtown Portland office; with an emphasis on order fulfillment and inventory management. This position starts at 20 hours per week, with potential to increase hours moving forward.
The Office Assistant’s responsibilities include:
• Assistance with the procurement and fulfillment of fundraising premiums.
• Supervision and management of physical inventory, with the oversight of the Director of Operations.
• Assistance with processing and fulfilling membership premiums and donor acknowledgments.
• Assists with the maintenance of mailing lists and membership database, from data entry to preparation of physical appeals for bulk mailing.
• Supervision and training of office volunteers and interns, with the oversight of the Director of Operations.
• Other occasional office errands and administrative tasks as assigned.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
• Experience with inventory management and shipping.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends as required.
• Practical product knowledge of comics & graphic novels.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with Shopify or similar shopping cart applications.
• Experience using Quickbooks or other accounting software.
Please email a brief cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Office Assistant” in the subject line.
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization protecting the freedom to read comics! Our work protects readers, creators, librarians, retailers, publishers, and educators who face the threat of censorship. We monitor legislation and challenge laws that would limit the First Amendment. We create resources that promote understanding of comics and the rights our community is guaranteed. Every day we publish news and information about censorship events as they happen. We are partners in the Kids’ Right to Read Project and Banned Books Week. Our expert legal team is available at a moment’s notice to respond to First Amendment emergencies. CBLDF is a lean organization that works hard to protect the rights that our community depends on. Please support our important work! www.cbldf.org