This month CBLDF is excited to be adding fresh resources for educators, librarians, and parents:
- May 6: great reads in honor of Mental Health Awareness month
- May 12: a discussion guide for using Gene Luen Yang’s latest graphic novel Superman Smashes the Klan, which debuts May 12th
- May 26: a detailed guide for using the powerful graphic novel Hey, Kiddo, by Jarrett J. Krosoczka, with students
Exclusive Events for members of the League of Graphic Novel Educators:
Sign up to be a member of the League of Graphic Novel Educators HERE and we’ll send you a welcome goodie and links to these special events!
- May 14: League Member Virtual Meet and Greet
- May 21: League Book Club discussion: Ms. Marvel: No Normal, by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona
- League members also get a ready-to-use PDF teaching guide and League-only author resource!
- Check out the CBLDF graphic novel guide HERE
- Looking to get a copy of the book?
Join us! Members of the League of Graphic Novel Educators receive:
- Graphic novel teaching guides for classroom-appropriate graphic novels.
- Invites to League Book Club meetings: live, hosted talks about how to use the book with students.
- Educator webinars exploring literacy, social justice, book selection, diverse readers, and more.
- Exclusive access to classroom shareables from graphic novel artists and authors.
- Private, online community forum for sharing ideas and resources.
- Articles, resources, and recommendations throughout the year for common themes, topics, and trends.
All items are standards-based and ready to go!
SIGN UP NOW and help spread the word: the League of Graphic Novel Educators wants YOU!