Connect with the industry’s best creators with CBLDF! This week we’re kicking off a series of free online events featuring some of comics greatest creators, starting this Wednesday with a Jim Mahfood Live Art session and a Terry Moore How to Draw Workshop on Thursday. Read on for how you can join these workshops, and future events featuring Dave Gibbons, Trina Robbins, Brian Stelfreeze, Walter & Louise Simonson & more!
These creators are showing up because CBLDF’s work is important and we need your support! Please, become a CBLDF member today!
Please support these sessions by becoming a CBLDF member. This month CBLDF defended cartoonists rights by defeating the Trump campaign’s attempt to silence political cartoonist Nick Anderson. We’re on the front lines of fighting identity censorship and providing valuable education tools promoting anti-racist comics and much more! Our work remains urgent, and we’re being hit hard by the economic crisis, so we need your support!
Sign up for these one of a kind experiences today!
- Live Art with Jim Mahfood: Watch as comic artist Jim Mahfood takes you through his process and answers questions live on Wednesday, June 10th at 4 PM PT. Sign up here!
- How to Draw with Terry Moore: Learn instructional drawing tips from Terry Moore, creator of Strangers in Paradise and Echo, as he explains his process during a live art demonstration on Thursday, June 11th at 4 PM PT. Sign up here!
- Tea with Trina Robbins: Join Trina Robbins, famed cartoonist and comics historian for an exclusive Q&A session on June 17th at 4:00 PM PT. Sign up here!
- Live Art with Tim Seeley: Hang with comic writer and artist Tim Seeley as he answers your questions while creating works of art on June 18th at 4 pm PT. Sign up here!
- Shop Talk with Paul Levitz: Join industry giant Paul Levitz for a series of talks with comic legends like Walt and Louise Simonson. Sign up for the first talk on June 24th at 1 pm PT here!
- Comic Writing Q&A with Alex Segura: Join Archie Publisher and author Alex Segura for a Q&A on writing comics on June 25th at 4 PM PT. Sign up here!
- Breaking into Comics with Chris Ryall and John Barber: Join the Publisher and Editor in Chief of IDW and find out what it takes to break into the comic industry and stay there in this exclusive Q&A on June 30th at 1 PM PT. Sign up here!
- Professional Development Review with Ted Adams: Get one-on-one feedback from an industry expert, IDW and Clover Press founder Ted Adams, available at the $100 level. Scheduled at the donor’s convenience!
- Q&A with Dave Gibbons: Ask the legendary artist Dave Gibbons, behind works like Watchmen, your questions and get insight into his work and career on June 27th at 9 am PT. Look for more info soon!
- Live Art with Colleen Doran: Sit in on a live art demonstration with comic artist Colleen Doran. Schedule to be determined.
- Live Art with Brian Stelfreeze: Watch live as acclaimed artist Brian Stelfreeze provides CBLDF members with a look into his process during this live art demonstration. Schedule to be determined.
Your membership is what makes our vital work defending the comic industry’s First Amendment rights possible.
Take a look and see what your critical support can help us achieve!
- CBLDF successfully aided Pulitzer Prize–winning cartoonist Nick Anderson in his fight to restore his political cartoon to online merchant Redbubble after a takedown.
- Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, CBLDF has developed essential resources to help comics businesses and educators, including government aid analysis, retailer trainings, and remote learning tools.
- We’re providing legal and financial support for a group of cartoonists at risk of having their work altered, confiscated, or suppressed in a copyright battle.
- The CBLDF legal team monitors and combats unconstitutional legislation including library censorship bills in Missouri and Tennessee and new internet and retail censorship laws in Utah and Iowa.
- CBLDF continues to fight against the rising tide of identity censorship by combating challenges to diverse books like Fun Home and Drama and standing against targeted event bans.
- Our education desk is developing vital tools for the changing needs of schools and libraries including the recently launched League of Graphic Novel Educators, a bimonthly program aimed to support the use of comics in the classroom.
None of these victories would be possible without our CBLDF members. Please, become a member today!