In our ongoing mission to protect the creators, retailers, publishers, and collectors of comic books and to promote the awareness of First Amendment issues, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is looking for contributors to join our editorial team. CBLDF regularly utilizes volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds to create website content, so whether you are a writer, artist, graphic designer, or web developer – you can utilize your skills to protect free expression. Your work will be shared on www.cbldf.org, Facebook, Twitter, and in print publications.
CBLDF is always seeking voices to explore a wide variety of content that deals with the First Amendment, comics, free expression, censorship, comics in the classroom, and much more. Here are some examples of work we’re interested in exploring:
- Censorship of manga and anime
- First Amendment legal issues (especially related to comics or literature)
- Censorship in libraries (comics, books, displays, and programming)
- Censorship in schools (comics, books, programming)
- Censorship of books and comics in prisons
- Legislation that seeks to erode the First Amendment
- Comics in the classroom (how-to articles, success stories, specific comic breakdowns for use with common core)
- Censorship of comics and manga around the world
A contributor to www.cbldf.org should have excellent communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and self-direction. If specializing in a specific topic, contributors should have extensive knowledge and understanding of the field. Journalism or blogging experience is a plus if interested in writing articles, but not required if you’re looking to explore other creative means of communication (illustrations, infographics, interactive maps, etc.) Positions are volunteer-based, but there is room for the right dedicated people to grow at CBLDF into other positions.
Ideally, contributors will be to identify and/or generate content suggestions for www.cbldf.org on a regular basis. Assignments may also be provided, but those that can pitch ideas will find their work featured much more frequently. All assignment and content must be approved before being posted.
For questions about contributing to CBLDF, contact email@example.com