Banned Books Week is happening September 25 – October 1, and CBLDF is delighted to release the latest edition of the CBLDF Banned Books Week Handbook to help you celebrate! A resource anyone can use to plan a Banned Books Week celebration in their community, the handbook features a gorgeous cover by Nate Powell, artist of Representative John Lewis and Andrew Aydin’s groundbreaking civil rights memoir March!
CBLDF Banned Books Week Handbook is a free resource that gives you the scoop about what comics are banned, how to report and fight censorship, programming ideas, and more tips to make a celebration of Banned Books Week in your community! CBLDF is an official sponsor of Banned Books Week, and this year, Banned Books Week celebrates diverse books. The annual celebration of the freedom to read will be observed in libraries, schools, bookstores, and other community settings across the nation and the world. The handbook can be viewed below, and you can get it from comiXology. Bundles of the printed handbook are also available in the Rewards Zone, and it hit comic book stores around the country today!
If you are hosting an event or Banned Books Week display, let us know about it! Register your event with Banned Books Week at http://www.bannedbooksweek.org/ events and send an email to email@example.com!
Feel free to use these great posters in your Banned Books Week displays and to advertise your events celebrating the freedom to read! Click on the links below to download high-res versions of each:
- Nate Powell CBLDF Banned Books Week Handbook 2016 poster, featuring artwork from John Lewis and Andrew Aydin’s March (11″ x 17″)
- Nate Powell CBLDF Banned Books Week Handbook 2016 poster, featuring artwork from John Lewis and Andrew Aydin’s March (8.5″ x 11″)
We’ll be putting up more Banned Books Week resources in the coming weeks. As you’re planning your events or developing your library and classroom curricula, be sure to check out these other valuable CBLDF resources:
- CBLDF Comics Connector
- CBLDF Banned Books Week Handbook (previous editions)
- Raising A Reader: How Comics & Graphic Novels Can Help Your Kids Love to Read!
- Using Graphic Novels in Education
- Adding Graphic Novels to Your Library or Classroom Collection
- CBLDF Discussion Guides
- CBLDF Banned Comics Case Studies
- Comic Book Club Handbook
- Manga Book Club Handbook
- CBLDF Presents: Manga
- Working With Libraries: A Handbook For Comics Creators
- Posters, shelf talkers, and more…
CBLDF’s education program is made possible with the support of the Gaiman Foundation and CBLDF’s Corporate Members — ABRAMS, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, BOOM! Studios, comiXology, DCBS, Diamond Comic Distributors, Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, Half Price Books, Oni Press, Penguin Random House, ReedPop, TFAW.com, Scholastic, SPX, Valiant, the Will & Ann Eisner Family Foundation — and members like you. Thank you!