This month CBLDF is excited to be adding fresh resources for educators, librarians, and parents:
- May 6: great reads in honor of Mental Health Awareness month
- May 12: a discussion guide for using Gene Luen Yang’s latest graphic novel Superman Smashes the Klan, which debuts May 12th
- May 26: a detailed guide for using the powerful graphic novel Hey, Kiddo, by Jarrett J. Krosoczka, with students
Exclusive Events for members of the League of Graphic Novel Educators:
Sign up to be a member of the League of Graphic Novel Educators HERE and we’ll send you a welcome goodie and links to these special events!
- May 14: League Member Virtual Meet and Greet
- May 21: League Book Club discussion: Ms. Marvel: No Normal, by G. Willow Wilson and Adrian Alphona
- League members also get a ready-to-use PDF teaching guide and League-only author resource!
- Check out the CBLDF graphic novel guide HERE
- Looking to get a copy of the book?
- Buy from your local comic shop—our partner retailers are listed HERE
- Support independent bookstores by purchasing through BookShop.org
- Snag a free digital edition now as a Comixology or Kindle Unlimited subscriber
Join us! Members of the League of Graphic Novel Educators receive:
- Graphic novel teaching guides for classroom-appropriate graphic novels.
- Invites to League Book Club meetings: live, hosted talks about how to use the book with students.
- Educator webinars exploring literacy, social justice, book selection, diverse readers, and more.
- Exclusive access to classroom shareables from graphic novel artists and authors.
- Private, online community forum for sharing ideas and resources.
- Articles, resources, and recommendations throughout the year for common themes, topics, and trends.
All items are standards-based and ready to go!
SIGN UP NOW and help spread the word: the League of Graphic Novel Educators wants YOU!
Help support CBLDF’s important work by sharing this article. You can also donate to support our efforts by visiting the Rewards Zone, making a donation, or becoming a member of CBLDF!