CBLDF is currently looking for a part-time Office Assistant. We’re located in Portland, Oregon, and this position is on-site. Check out the posting below, and please reach out if you’re interested!
(Part-Time, Hourly, 20 hours a week)
The Office Assistant works closely with the Operations Manager to assist with the day-to-day practical operations of the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund’s Downtown Portland office; with an emphasis on shipping, fulfillment, and inventory management.
The Office Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Assistance with the procurement and fulfillment of fundraising premiums.
- Supervision and management of physical inventory, with the oversight of the Operations Manager.
- Assistance with processing and fulfilling membership premiums and donor acknowledgments.
- Assists with the preparation and execution of bulk mailings, mailing lists, and membership data.
- Occasional office errands and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Supervision and training of office volunteers and interns, with the oversight of the Operations Manager.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Experience with inventory management and shipping.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends as required.
- Practical product knowledge of comics & graphic novels.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Shopify or similar shopping cart applications.
- Experience using Quickbooks or other accounting software.
Please email a brief cover letter and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization protecting the freedom to read comics! Our work protects readers, creators, librarians, retailers, publishers, and educators who face the threat of censorship. We monitor legislation and challenge laws that would limit the First Amendment. We create resources that promote understanding of comics and the rights our community is guaranteed. Every day we publish news and information about censorship events as they happen. We are partners in the Kids’ Right to Read Project and Banned Books Week. Our expert legal team is available at a moment’s notice to respond to First Amendment emergencies. CBLDF is a lean organization that works hard to protect the rights that our community depends on. Please support our important work! www.cbldf.org