The Coronavirus crisis impacts all of us. At CBLDF, we’re here to serve the community, so this week we’re sharing resources that can help you cope with the challenges we’re all facing.
We have created new tools, including a comprehensive state-by-state clearinghouse resource for financial aid, training tools, and other important information. Another offers links to apply for the new government aid resources that have been approved to help those most affected by coronavirus.
We hope you’ll use these tools, and we really hope you’ll share them with others. Sharing information about how we can support each other is vital for getting through this crisis.
We’re going to be updating these tools and providing new resources to support our community for the duration of the crisis. If there’s anything you’d like to add, anything you’d like to see, or any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to help.
Thank you for reading, and thank you for sharing.
We’re going to get through this, together.
A comprehensive state-by-state clearinghouse resource for financial aid, training tools, and other information to support industry businesses. https://cbldf.org/2020/03/
resources-for-comics-industry- businesses-impacted-by- coronavirus/
- An overview of the CARES Act and how it helps creators, retailers, and other professionals: (Updated Guide Coming Soon!)
- A guide to applying to SBA Coronavirus Disaster Loans: https://cbldf.org/2020/03/how-to-apply-for-sba-coronavirus-disaster-loans/
A new directory of CBLDF Member stores with links and details about what they’re doing to engage with their customers during the crisis. https://cbldf.org/2020/03/
Tips on how retailers can best navigate a state shutdown order and jumpstart their recovery during the downtime. https://cbldf.org/2020/03/what-
- A brief checklist of some important steps you should take if you are required to temporarily close your shop. https://cbldf.org/2020/03/retailer-checklist-for-temporary-store-closures/
Remote Retailing: ‘Sales Strategies for Stores Affected by a Shutdown’ shares sales and marketing solutions stores can put in place to ride out the crisis. https://cbldf.org/2020/03/
Remote Retailing webinar, featuring Atom Freeman, Owner-Operator, Prana: Direct Market Solutions; Jen King, Owner-Operator, Space Cadets Collection; and Morgan Perry, Retail Sales Coordinator, Boom Studios and moderated by CBLDF’s Community Development Manager Siena Fallon. This training webinar provides practical strategies and best practices for helping retailers adapt their businesses. https://cbldf.org/2020/03/
- Retailer Resource for Remote Comic & Manga Book Clubs: As statewide shutdown orders become more widespread, retailers forced to close their shops are faced with serious challenges in maintaining their businesses. One way to overcome some of those challenges is to engage with existing comic book clubs as they go remote — or start a new one! Download your resources today at https://cbldf.org/2020/03/retailer-resource-for-remote-comic-manga-book-clubs/
- Government Relief Loans for Comics Businesses – This webinar with Ted Adams was created to help retailers navigate applying for government relief loans that can help their business weather the current crisis. Watch the video anytime and download free resources at https://cbldf.org/2020/04/government-relief-loans-for-comics-businesses-webinar/
- What to Do if You Can’t Pay Rent- Tips on asking your landlord for commercial rent relief during the Covid crisis. https://cbldf.org/2020/04/what-to-do-if-you-cant-pay-rent-because-of-covid-19/