Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is seeking a fulltime Development Manager! The Development Manager works with CBLDF staff in the development and implementation of CBLDF’s fundraising program. They report to the Deputy Director with a focus on procurement and marketing of CBLDF fundraising premiums, including but not limited to maintaining the online donation center, online and live auctions, crowd-funding campaigns, and convention booths. The Development Manager also develops marketing strategy, copy, and visual assets, for use on CBLDF’s social media platforms, working with the Editorial Director to maximize visibility and market penetration. This position requires availability for after-hours events, and weekend travel throughout the year.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, marketing, and executing donation center updates and promotions, using the Shopify platform.
- Planning, marketing, and executing weekly auctions on eBay
- Planning, marketing, and executing crowd-funding campaigns
- Develops visual communications, including print and online ads, promotional materials, and social media posts.
- Procurement of fundraising premiums.
- Assistance in assembly and fulfillment of premiums.
- Monitoring Diamond Previews and independent catalogs and publishing schedules for upcoming opportunities in fundraising, utilizing our publishing and creative partners.
- Generating promotional copy for fundraising initiatives for deployment on CBLDF.org and social media avenues.
- Assisting with donor relations, merchandising, and promotions onsite at multiple conventions and events.
- Assisting in preparing and managing exhibit space onsite at conventions and exhibits.
- Managing, developing, and promoting offsite member events and fundraisers.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as required
- Weekend travel as required
- Fluency with major social media sites
- Fluency with eBay
- Familiarity with Shopify or similar shopping cart applications
- Extensive product knowledge of comics & graphic novels
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with Excel and Quickbooks
Please send cover letters, resumes, and inquiries to email@example.com, or submit a cover letter and resume by mail:
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
ATTN: Alex Cox
255 West 36th Street, Suite 501
New York, NY 10018
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers. CBLDF provides legal referrals, representation, advice, assistance, and education in furtherance of these goals.