In what has now become a favorite annual tradition, CBLDF rounds up the top “Best of Comics and Graphic Novels” lists for the year, as a helpful reminder that there’s still good in the world, and that good is found mostly in the juxtaposition of art and text. This year some list authors find common ground with one another, agreeing that ongoing series’ like Saga and Monstress still hold readers in sway with their continued brilliance. Others agree on the merit of revisiting old favorites in new ways, hailing Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design, and The Dreaming, one of the latest additions to the Sandman Universe, as can’t miss titles. Check out all the lists rounded up below. They each have great recommendations and it’s fun to see what made the cut this year for different people or check off your own favorites against the pros.
- The Guardian’s Best Books of 2018 with Graphic Novels Section
- School Library Journal Top Ten Graphic Novels of 2018
- Publisher’s Weekly Best Comics 2018
- Forbes The Best Graphic Novels of 2018
- Washington Post’s 10 Best Graphic Novels of 2018
- Book Riot’s Best Comics of 2018
- 25 Best Comic Books of 2018 Paste Magazine
- A.V. Club’s Best Comics of 2018
- Vulture’s Best Comics 2018
- 10 Best Comic Books of 2018 – WhatCulture.com
- Thrillist’s Best Comic Books and Graphic Novels of 2018 (So Far)
- Best Comics of 2018, So Far – Polygon
- 10th Annual Reader’s Choice Awards – Best Graphic Novels 2018
- Book List Online’s Top 10 Graphic Novels of 2018
- The Advocate’s Best LGBTQ Graphic Novels 2018
Don’t forget your donations can score you signed copies of some of the best graphic novels of the year, or get you caught up on previous years’ top comics.
Help support CBLDF’s important First Amendment work by visiting the Rewards Zone, making a donation, or becoming a member of CBLDF!