If you are looking for a career that gives you more than just a paycheck, and are interested in developing skills and contacts that help you fight for free expression – consider joining the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund! We are a lean nonprofit organization devoted to the protection of the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers. Currently we are hiring for the Community Development Manager, to learn more about the position, please read the full posting below.
Community Development Manager
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is seeking a full-time Community Development Manager! The Community Development Manager works with CBLDF staff in the development and implementation of CBLDF’s fundraising program and outreach to the comics community. They report to the Deputy Director with a focus on planning and management of convention exhibits, procurement and marketing of CBLDF fundraising premiums, including but not limited to maintaining the online donation center, as well as online and live auctions. The Development Manager also develops marketing strategy, copy, and visual assets, for use on CBLDF’s social media platforms, working with the Editorial Director to maximize visibility and market penetration. This position requires availability for after-hours events, and weekend travel throughout the year. Comics industry experience and non-profit or fundraising experience preferred.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and overseeing exhibit space at conventions and events, including logistics, shipping and staffing
- Planning, marketing, and executing donation center updates and promotions, using the Shopify platform.
- Planning, marketing, and executing weekly auctions on eBay
- Develops promotional materials and social media posts.
- Procurement of fundraising premiums.
- Assistance in assembly and fulfillment of premiums.
- Monitoring Diamond Previews and independent catalogs and publishing schedules for upcoming opportunities in fundraising, utilizing our publishing and creative partners.
- Generating promotional copy for fundraising initiatives for deployment on CBLDF.org and social media avenues.
- Assisting with donor relations, merchandising, and promotions onsite at multiple conventions and events.
- Managing, developing, and promoting offsite member events and fundraisers.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as required
- Weekend travel as required
- Fluency with major social media sites
- Fluency with eBay
- Familiarity with Shopify or similar shopping cart applications
- Extensive product knowledge of comics & graphic novels
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with Excel and Quickbooks
Please send resumes and references to info AT cbldf.org