CBLDF’s mission defending the Right to Read is bigger — and more important — than ever, which means we are looking for a contributing editor and student interns to help us fight for free speech! If you’re enthusiastic about the First Amendment, consider joining the team today!
The Contributing Editor will assist the CBLDF Editorial Director in gathering, preparing, and promoting free expression–facing blog posts related to comic books and free speech issues for CBLDF.org. The position is work-from-home and comes with a modest weekly stipend.
- Research, identify, and prepare (or assign to volunteer bloggers) three or more news items weekly that are related to free expression in libraries and schools and that can be linked to CBLDF’s mission to protect the First Amendment rights of the comics community.
- Propose and develop at least one ongoing original feature series related to comic books and free speech. Columns in series should be released monthly or semiweekly, and Contributing Editor will prepare the columns and/or edit the work or other contributors for publication.
- Assist editorial team in cross-platform social media promotion of articles under his/her purview. Social media platforms used will include (but are not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+.
- Assist the Editorial Director in day-to-day proofreading and publication duties on an as needed basis.
- Knowledge of comic books, manga, and pop culture.
- Journalism experience (or related field).
- Experience using WordPress, Hootsuite, and various social media platforms.
- Ability to take editorial direction and work under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with libraries, education, and child/teen literature a plus.
If you are enthusiastic about the First Amendment, a good writer, social media savvy, and able to take editorial direction, you’re a perfect candidate — apply today! Please send your resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention current students! Are you looking for a way to support CBLDF and build your resume at the same time? Here’s your chance: CBLDF is looking for student interns this fall semester!
We’re in need of Operations Interns to help us out with the day to day duties of our NYC office. If you are interested in non-profit management, comic books, or Free Speech advocacy, this is a great way to see the ground floor of working in all three! Tasks include donor incentive fulfillment, database interaction, convention prep, fundraising assistance, and general office operations.
We can be flexible with days/hours, so let us know your availability!
The internship is offered on a volunteer basis, but we are happy to work with your school to provide school credit. Interested students should e-mail contact info to email@example.com, and please include talents, skills, and interests!
ABOUT COMIC BOOK LEGAL DEFENSE FUND
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of the First Amendment rights of the comics art form and its community of retailers, creators, publishers, librarians, and readers. CBLDF provides legal referrals, representation, advice, assistance, and education in furtherance of these goals. https://www.cbldf.org