A new round of funding for the Payroll Protection Program was passed by Congress this week and is expected to be signed into law imminently. The new package allocates another $250 billion to the PPP, and $60 billion for $10,000 emergency grants that fund within days. This round of aid is expected to be depleted in days. For retailers, publishers, and other small comics businesses who haven’t yet secured funding, now is the time to get your application in.
Here are CBLDF’s tools to help you apply for your loan. Please share it with your local retailer and any other business who can benefit from these forgivable government loans.
Comics retailers, publishers, and other industry businesses are eligible to apply for forgivable 7(a) Payroll Protection Loans and Economic Injury Disaster Loans. Join Clover Press Publisher and CBLDF Treasurer Ted Adams and CBLDF Director Charles Brownstein for this instructional guide on how to put this important government aid to work for you!
This CBLDF webinar covers:
- What the two types of loans are for and how to apply
- What kinds of expenses are forgivable under the 7(a) Payroll Protection Loan
- How to determine your loan request amount
- What happens if you borrow more than the forgivable amount on the Payroll Protection Loan
- How to decide which loan to apply for, or whether to apply for both
- Participants questions in a Q&A period
CBLDF Resources for Comics Businesses
- How to Apply for SBA Coronavirus Disaster Loans – A quick document explaining how to apply for your loan.
- Financial Aid Resources for Comics Industry Businesses – A state by state clearing house of federal, local and private aid to support businesses impacted by Coronavirus closures.
- Financial Aid Resources for Comics Creators & Employees – Benefits and financial aid opportunities for independent contractors and employees who make or sell comics experiencing financial distress because of the Coronavirus closures.
- How the CARES Act Helps Comics Industry Businesses – An overview of the CARES Act and how it helps creators, retailers, and other professionals.
- CBLDF Coronavirus Resources – CBLDF’s clearinghouse of all our tools, training documents, and articles to help our industry through the crisis.
Additional Downloadable Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
- Paycheck Protection Program Overview
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Fact Sheet
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQ
CBLDF is providing resources for retailers throughout this crisis at https://cbldf.org/coronavirus